!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Maddie's Musings: Try to Love One Another Right Now

Friday, September 02, 2005

Try to Love One Another Right Now

The following is a comment left on my blog under the entry below. In this time of our nation's worst disaster, I was appalled at the pettiness and just plain hate of the writer. Let us all pray for our nation and humankind, with people like this in our world, we have a lot more than levees to fix.

this comment was left by B.I. Grant
"Here's a way to fix the levee in New Orleans. Use Republicans. They are pretty much dead weight, anyway. If there aren't enough of them, fill in the gaps with Democrats. No Maddie. It's not about name calling and blaming Bush. it's about making you very afraid of you and your kind. Very scary. Go flush the toilet again. That is the sound of your standard of living going down the drain. Democrat. Republican. Nice to be able to categorize it. "

3 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Not clogging up my blog, I welcome your comments, not a swear word in there, will miracles never cease!
TY I will check out your blog!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

waterloo,

I think 90% of all people would love to see the war in Iraq and the situation in the Gulf handled better than they are.

It disqusts me to see the conditions that people have had to live in. Their sorrow and loss break my heart. This storm caused damage in an area the size of the state of Idaho. In New Orleans, immediately after the hurricane, it appeared New Orleans had been spared. Until the levy broke.

The scope of the situation and the numbers of people who are involved in this devasting situation is great. Trying to get everyone out is a slow job, and it has been 4 going on 5 days. With no communications, no jails to put theives and criminals in, citizens with guns, and a Governor and Mayor in Louisiana and New Orleans who have not led their people.

The part I don't understand is the absence of water and food and communication with the people on the bridge. I for one, could not ever have been a successful reporter of the news, as if I was their reporting, I could not take the time to report news when so many people near by needed water, food and hugs.

I don't think anyone from any party could of worked this situation any better. I think the people in charge were stunned and had no idea how to handle a situation that just completely takes a whole city down to nothing in 12 hours.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I didn't write that.......someone else did

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home