!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Maddie's Musings: I Felt Like A Yankee Doodle Dandy!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I Felt Like A Yankee Doodle Dandy!

Wow, was the 4th ever an emotional and inspirational Day! Swim games by the pool, so fun watching the kids compete for that blue ribbon. Wonderful picnic dinner with family. The Color Guard put the flag to bed, emotional with trumpet blaring, and young faces insides those uniforms. Beautiful fireworks after the thunderstorm. The rain on my clothes, getting drenched reminded me of the foul weather our troops go through each day. Uncomfortable. Then the "Tribute to the Troops" at Ford Theatre. Wow! Great Show!

I had such a great holiday, I'm not even going to comment on the news today, as a matter of fact I refused to even look at the news headlines on Yahoo as I signed on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home