!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Maddie's Musings

Saturday, December 02, 2006

By PATRICK CONDON
Associated Press Writer

MINNEAPOLIS
Airport officials said Friday they will consider setting aside a private area for prayer and meditation at the request of imams concerned about the removal of six Muslim clerics from a US Airways flight last week.
Steve Wareham, director of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, said other airports have "meditation rooms" used for prayers or by passengers who simply need quiet time.



Yes, and I'd like a smoking lounge where I can get a drink to calm my nerves while all of the imams finish their prayers and then board my plane.

PLEASE, CAN'T PEOPLE QUIETLY PRAY TO THEMSELVES....I DON'T THINK ANYONE HAS EVER NOTICED ME PRAYING IN MY SEAT BEFORE THE PLANE TAKES OFF.....BUT I DO IT.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE, CAN'T PEOPLE QUIETLY PRAY TO THEMSELVES....I DON'T THINK ANYONE HAS EVER NOTICED ME PRAYING IN MY SEAT BEFORE THE PLANE TAKES OFF.....BUT I DO IT.

I use the exact sane argument for keeping prayer out of public scools. I don't understand why the government needs to sticks its nose in that either. Of course, the school problem is much, much bigger than one privately held airport, so I'm certain you'll agree with me 100%, right Maddie?

9:56 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Ya actually I do.....

I believe that prayer should be done in private. It's so easy to do without even saying a word out loud.

One only needs to think it and smile.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home