!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Maddie's Musings: Harriet Miers

Monday, October 03, 2005

Harriet Miers

When he was governor of Texas, Bush offered a less formal assessment at an awards ceremony, calling Miers "a pit bull in size 6 shoes." The line stuck, in no small part because it described her cool but dogged determination.

"The thing that comes to mind when I think of Harriet is that she basically puts her clients' interests ahead of everything, including her own personal life, sleeping hours and all those things," said Jerry Clements, a partner at Locke Liddell & Sapp, the 400-lawyer Texas firm where Miers was a co-managing partner before coming to Washington. "She is defined by hard work, dedication and client loyalty."
By Michael A. FletcherWashington Post Staff Writer


........and from the Daily Kos: (tempers are flying and their blame game continues, even if it is against each other)
I want everyone to STOP IT!!!
by Ny Bri
Sun Oct 2nd, 2005 at 18:53:27 PDT
I haven't taken part in any of the Obama/"Democrats Suck"/"I'm leaving the Party" conversations recently, but I think it's time I said my peace.
STOP IT!!!!!
The GOP has had its worst week in decades and more is to come...and what do I see Democrats from this site and accross the blogosphere doing? They attack each other. Good, God. I swear, if I didn't know better, I'd think everyone was on Rove, INC's payroll
.

No Ny, they are exactly what your party is all about; lack of message and an abundance hate rhetoric

7 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

I'm sensing the usual loss of direction and no plan of action....

The blame Bush and destroy Republican's character at all costs is wearing thin with all the failed attempts.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

hmmmmmmm I don't recall the GOP assailing Jesus. Must of missed that.

I think the GOP have done more for the poor than the Democratic party. We've helped them realize goals and dreams; we do more than give a man the fish, we teach them to fish.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I'll vote for you!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OPENMIND:

you should never pull the car over and beat the tar out of your kids--child abuse is wrong--you democrats are all alike, always thinking that removing tar from children will make them shut up--I hope you dont have children to beat, that would make me sad

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some Democrats do have tar babies.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

I'm waiting on hearings on this one......

8:17 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Unlike the Democrats: we don't get outraged!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home