!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Maddie's Musings: Pirates of Somalia

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Pirates of Somalia

Passengers awoke to the sound of gunfire as two 25-foot inflatable boats approached the liner, the British news agency Press Association reported.

Inflatable boats? I would think a couple of gunshots into the boats would solve the pirate problem pretty quick.

The 440-foot-long, 10,000-ton cruise ship, which is registered in the Bahamas, sustained minor damage, Good said. The liner, which had its maiden voyage in 1989, can accommodate 208 guests.
Mark Rogers, one of the passengers aboard the Seabourn Spirit, described the experience as frightening but said the crew responded very well. "It was absolutely amazing how little panic there was," he told AP Radio. If I was on a 10,ooo ton cruise ship, I don't think I would be panicked either over pirates in 2 inflatable boats........

Sustained minor damage?


Hint: We are talking inflatable boats...........The pirates who attacked a luxury cruise liner off Somalia's coast were likely to have been from the same group that hijacked a U.N.-chartered vessel in June and held its crew and food aid hostage for 100 days, a maritime official said Sunday. Did they do this in inflatables too?

ARRRRGGHHHHh I bet those pirates (politically correct word for Muslim terrorists) got away in those inflatable boats. Sad statement.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. I was cruising through the net looking for information that warned people about Pharmaceutical drugs. I must admit, when I was looking for health, your site caught my attention. Right now, I am unsure if your site is exactly what I am looking for, but I am glad I stopped by. I've got to go now, but let me say Great post!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

beware of pirates in inflatables cruising the net

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shooting at a cruise ship is terrorism

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most crimes that involve weapons can be terrifying, but that doesn't make them "acts of terrorism". Let's avoid blanket statements please.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home